Earthwise Packaging™ is Committed to Promoting Sustainability Within Our Organization and for Our Customers
To comply with and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations, and codes of practice in reference to environmental protections set by the state.
To practice efficient and non-wasteful methods in daily business operations.
To ensure that our leadership always has sustainability in mind for the direction of the company and all decisions.
To minimize the environmental impact of all office activities.
To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to seek out our accommodations for sustainable practices.
To review and continually improve our sustainability performance.
Steps To Put These Principles Into Practice
Working Practices and Advice to Clients
- Ensure that all associates we employ consider sustainability issues in their advice to clients
- Inform customers of our recyclable products and the best ways to dispose of them.
- Provide resources on the reduction of plastic used for our products versus competitors.
- Provide resources on the environmental benefits of alternative green packaging including plant-based plastics.
Travel and Meetings
Avoid physically traveling to meetings where alternatives are available and practical such as using traditional calls, video calls, or Zoom meetings.
Establish remote and hybrid work for employees whose commute is not within a reasonable distance.
Encourage the use of low GHG emitting forms of travel such as bicycles and electric bikes.
Minimize traveling across states to conduct business with clients or partners.
Distributors are located around the country to reduce the travel of products.
Equipment and Consumption of Resources
- Minimize our use of paper and other office consumables and identify opportunities to reduce waste.
- Arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies, and redundant equipment
- Reduce the energy consumption of office activities by purchasing energy-efficient equipment
- Shut down office equipment overnight when not in use
- Non-compliant containers are reprocessed into viable material
- Reduce water use to less than 20 CCFs per month.